Your Quingo means going out is much more pleasurable and safe during the winter months so we thought we would find you some great ways you can use your scooter to keep active and enjoy the wintertime!
Continuing with our merry Christmas Market series, this week we’re in the capital. London is a buzzing, vibrant place at the best of times, so in the run up to Christmas you definitely can’t miss the festivities!
London is a big place with a lot of different Christmas markets, but we’ve picked the one that we think is the most famously exciting – the family favourite Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park! Winter Wonderland is open 20th November until 3rd January, 10am-10pm every day (excluding Christmas day)
The Christmas market at Winter Wonderland is full of arts and crafts trinkets, jewellery and decorations that make perfect presents for friends and family. Also good to explore the Angels and Yuletide market, where charming wooden chalets are overflowing with festive goods.
There are more than 200 fairy lit Bavarian style wooden chalets in the market, with something for everyone. Entrance to the market part of Winter Wonderland is free. The market is located in the famous Bavarian village, where you can tuck into bratwurst, sup a stein of German beer and watch live oompah bands perform.
As well as the Christmas Market there are other exciting attractions not to be missed to get you in to the Christmas spirit!
- Magical Ice Kingdom – Described as “an awe-inspiring walk through a fantastical world of real ice and snow”. It is the largest of its kind in the UK and created especially by Winter Wonderland, young and old will be enchanted by this kingdom of ice, full of fairy-tale magic!
- Santa Land – Something for the little ones. Explore the land of Santa, see his workshop, meet the elves or ride on the Santa Express. An enchanting experience with children’s rides, games, eateries and all the magic of Christmas!
- Bar Ice – And something for the adults! Immersed in a truly arctic setting, enjoy the glow of the glistening ice. On arrival, you are handed a special winter cloak and gloves to keep you warm, then you’ll be served drinks in your own unique ice glass!
- Circus Shows – Zippos Circus shows are performed in the Mega Dome, and it is the newest and biggest circus tent in the UK. It offers a warm and comfortable theatre style atmosphere, and the show itself will leave you amazed!
- Giant Wheel – soar 60 metres into the London sky in the comfort of enclosed pods. Experience spectacular 360˚ panoramic views over Winter Wonderland and beyond!
Winter Wonderland have made the walkways and public spaces as even and wide as possible. There are ramps to the bars and cafes where possible, and there are spaces in the circus shows as mentioned above designed to accommodate mobility scooters as well as an accessible pod in the Giant Wheel.
Disabled toilet facilities are available on site, and there is Pay & Display parking available on West Carriage Drive and in car parks at either end of Serpentine Bridge. Disabled Badge Park free of charge but are subject to 4 house maximum stay Monday to Saturday. After 6.30pm the 4 hour maximum no longer applies.
Winter Wonderland offer a 2 for 1 carer ticketing scheme, to provide disabled visitors who require full time assistance with a free ticket for a partner, accompanying friend or personal assistant for all pre-bookable attractions.
All attractions have separate tickets. To prebook these and for more information on the disabled ticket scheme visit the Winter Wonderland website.
The Quingo Scooter range features six models to suit your needs and budget. For more information on the Quingo Scooter range, please visit our website. Alternatively, if you have any questions you can always contact us or call customer services on 01582 430 900.
Keep up to date with the latest mobility scooter advice, tips and interesting places to visit on the Quingo Scooter Users Blog. Quingo are proud to work closely with Age UK and feature regularly in local press.