Your Quingo means going out is much more pleasurable and safe during the winter months so we thought we would find you some great ways you can use your scooter to keep active and enjoy the wintertime!
Quingo Scooters got our Christmas spirit off to a flying start with a first in the Christmas Market blog series, where we visited the incredible Lincoln Christmas Market!
This week we’re taking a look at Chatsworth Christmas Market, as it conveniently started this week on the 12th November. The festivities run right the way through until 29th November. On weekdays everything is open 10am-5.30pm, and on weekends 10am-6pm.
Chatsworth Christmas Market is free to enter, but there are parking charges of £5 per car on weekdays and £10 per car on weekends. However, this includes access to Chatsworth House and gardens. Booking is required to visit the house during Christmas to reduce queuing times, this can be done easily by booking online.
For the Christmas Market, special tracking is laid down to cover the ground which makes access easy and helps with steadiness. The markets are situated on a slope, but would be easily passable with a mobility scooter such as the Quingo, which has 5 wheels for stability.
Chatsworth House itself is fully accessible and has 2 lifts that can take you between the different floors. Although your Quingo won’t be allowed inside the house itself, Chatsworth offer wheelchairs and your mobility scooter is still free to roam the grounds and farmyard.
The farmyard entrance is at the top of the main car park, and there is a lift and ramp to give access to all parts.
Other parts of the grounds, such as the shops, Carriage House and Cavendish restaurants are all fully accessible on your Quingo. There is also a free buggy service that runs around the car park to the house and garden entrances and up to the stables and farmyard.
There are many merry things going on during Christmas at Chatsworth, but here are some of the highlights not to be missed:
- Live seasonal musical entertainment as you shop from brass bands to string quartets
- Enjoy mulled cider and German beers in the Bavarian beer tent
- Find the perfect presents for all the family from a wide range of stalls including toiletries, clothes and things for your home
- Enjoy delicious food, with gourmet burgers, hotdogs, pancakes, churros, fudge and chocolate and treats galore
- See the stunning ranges of items in the Chatsworth gift, interiors and garden shops, up in the Stables
Other Festive Treats
As well as the Christmas market there are some other festivities going on at Chatsworth House in the run up to Christmas! Here are some dates for your diary:
- Festive feast: 26 & 27 November, 3, 4, 10 & 17 December 2015
- Christmas wreath making: 2 and 3 December 2015
- Masquerade Ball: 4, 5 and 12 December 2015
- Floral workshop: Christmas at Chatsworth: 17 December 2015
- Christmas gourmet evenings: 28 November and 19 December 2015
The Quingo Scooter range features six models to suit your needs and budget. For more information on the Quingo Scooter range, please visit our website. Alternatively, if you have any questions you can always contact us or call customer services on 01582 430 900.
Keep up to date with the latest mobility scooter advice, tips and interesting places to visit on the Quingo Scooter Users Blog. Quingo are proud to work closely with Age UK and feature regularly in local press.