Here at Quingo Scooters, we aim to bring you the best attractions the UK has to offer. This week, as part of our Accessible Attractions series, we’re travelling to one of the world’s most popular attractions, within England’s bustling capital.
Madame Tussauds London, is home to hundreds of life-size wax replicas of famous people and historic icons. It has over 300 wax figures on display, from Audrey Hepburn to Usain Bolt!
Madame Tussauds was founded by Marie Tussaud; she learnt wax modelling from a physician, Philippe Curtius. Following his death in 1794 she inherited the doctor’s collection of wax models, she spent the next 33 years travelling around Europe displaying the waxworks. She married Francois Tussaud in 1795, and her show acquired the name Madame Tussauds.
The museum is part of a global chain visited by millions of people and it holds a vast collection of impressive waxworks, such as:
- New for 2017 – the Kong Skull Island Experience. Visitors will come face to face with an eighteen foot animatronic Kong head, journeying through the jungle with Captain James Conrad. Investigate the creatures lurking beneath the trees before meeting the legendary ape.
- Music Area – you’re invited backstage at one of the best music events of the year, meet with the world’s most famous musicians and pop icons, including Madonna, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus.
- Royals and Culture – practice your curtsey, as you’ll be meeting with the whole royal family. Including Prince Harry, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Sport Area – meet with some of the world’s greatest athletes, including Usain Bolt, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Mo Farah.
- Film Area – step into the limelight surrounded by the greatest film icons in the world. Meet with ET, Katniss Everdeen and Audrey Hepburn.
- Party Area – make your way down the red carpet with your favourite A list celebrities. Including Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Victoria and David Beckham, Kate Winslet and Colin Firth.
Single entry tickets for Madame Tussauds are £35 for adults (16+) and £30 for children (4-15). Visitors booking online will receive a saving on their ticket prices, online prices are £29 for adults and £24 for children. Standard tickets include entry to Star Wars and Marvel Super Heroes experiences. Priority tickets are £50 as an online exclusive, they include faster entrance into the attraction, as well as including the Star Wars and Marvel Super Heroes experiences. The VIP Stage Door Entry tickets are £70 as an online exclusive. They include fast track entrance to the attraction, as well as queue-jump for the Spirit of London ride. Entry into Star Wars and the Sherlock Holmes experiences, with included VIP seating in our Marvel Super Heroes 4D cinema and free popcorn!
For more information on ticket prices, please visit the ticket page here.
Opening times vary throughout the year, please see the Madame Tussauds opening times here before planning your visit. Madame Tussauds is closed on the 25 December.
- During super peak seasons opening times are 8.30am – 6pm.
- Standard opening times; weekdays 9am – 4pm and weekends 9am – 5pm.
- Summer off peak; weekdays 9am – 5pm and weekends 8.30am – 6pm.
- Pre-peak; weekdays 9am – 4pm and weekends 8.30am – 6pm.
By London Underground, Madame Tussauds is two minutes from Baker Street station. Baker Street station is on the Bakerloo, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines.
By train, the nearest mainline station to Madame Tussauds is Marylebone which is within 10 minutes from the attraction. Alternatively, Euston, St. Pancras, Paddington, Victoria, Waterloo and Charing Cross mainline stations are all within five stops using the underground.
By bus, the following travel to Madame Tussauds: 13, 18, 27, 30, 74, 82, 113, 139, 189, 205, 274 and 453.
For visitors travelling by car, Marylebone Road is an extension of the A40 and joins up with Euston Road, passing by Kings Cross. Madame Tussauds is situated outside of the congestion charge zone, however there is no parking available on site. The nearest car park is on Chiltern Street, located off Marylebone Road and 5 minutes from Madame Tussauds.
For more information, please visit the Transport for London website here.
Madame Tussauds is set over a number of levels, there is a lift to access all levels of the attraction for scooter users. It is advised to contact the venue prior to visiting for information regarding slots in which to visit. Mobility scooters are permitted within the attraction; however, it is advised to speak to a member of staff upon arrival to discuss areas of increased difficulty for scooter users.
For more information regarding accessibility, please visit the accessibility page here.
The Quingo Scooter range features six models to suit your needs and budget. New models are now available from just £22/week on our new contract hire scheme, which includes all servicing and maintenance, Insurance, Roadside Recovery, Call Outs and Consumables including Batteries and Tyres. For more information on this, or the latest Quingo Scooter range, please visit our website. Alternatively, if you have any service questions you can always contact us or call customer services on 01582 430 900.
Keep up-to-date with the latest mobility scooter advice, tips and interesting places to visit on the Quingo Scooter Users Blog. Connect with Quingo and keep up-to-date with all our latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
All Quingo Personal Mobility Vehicles are provided by Forever Active, the UK’s exclusive distributor. Forever Active is a trading name of Advantage Marketing Corporation Limited (AMC). AMC Limited is an appointed representative of First Senior Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. First Senior Insurance Services FSA Register number is 308478.